This is the Minutes from the April SAC meeting.
SAC Meeting Minutes
Meeting Date: April 11, 2016
Members Present: Jami Browder, Barbara Nelson, Michelle Midgett, Marisol Gonzalez, Jamie Yancey (via phone), Yohena Zarco, Whitney Bryant.
1. Topics Discussed, Tasks Assigned and Decisions Made:
- Meeting was called to order by: Jami Browder at 6:03
- Jami welcomed everyone in attendance and thanked everyone for coming
- SAC minutes were read by Barbara Nelson and approved as read. Michelle Midgett motioned to approve notes, and Whitney Bryant seconded the motion.
2. DAC Updates: Whitney Bryant
- Meeting in March- 2 Presentations
- First topic was about the budget and how monies are used in fundraising
- New Schools proposed for the East Zone:
- One new High School
- One new Middle School
- 4 new Elementary schools
- There is not enough $ to build these schools and to keep the other schools going
- Second topic was about GLOBAL LEE –use of Chrome Books and the distribution proposals for the future.
- 2016-2017-High Schools will receive Chrome Books
- 2017-2018- Elementary schools are getting some form of technology.
- Jami will send out a Power point showing the DAC meeting notes.
3. DAC DATES
- April 20th
- May 18th
4. ACADEMIC CAMP OVERVIEW – Jami Browder
- 3RD and 4th graders attended for 8 weeks-2 days per week
- Students worked with their own teachers
- 5th grade will continue this month until FSA is over
- 150 students attended the camp- very successful
5. What Exciting Events are planned? – Mrs. Herrell
- April 11th-15th- FSA Testing- 3rd and 4th grades
- April 14th- Report Card Day
- April 18th-22nd-FSA Reading 5th Grade
- April 22nd- Principal’s Parties- Grades 2-5
- April 26th-27th- FSA SCIENCE -5th grade
- April 28th- NEHS Inductions- 4th grade- 3.75 GPA
- May 2-5th- FSA Math- 5th grade
6. Good of the Order-Jami Browder
- Survivor Week- May 18-19-20
- May 6th- First Math Bee- Grade 5
- May 10th- May Madness Science for grade 5
- Stephanie Hearld- Congratulations! Social Studies Teacher of the Year
- Joelle Beverly- Congratulations!
Golden Apple Teacher
- Next year Bayshore will be a TITLE I school- this added $ to our budget
- Mrs. Herrell has decided to use the extra monies to keep Grades 4 and 5 at lower class sizes. (20-22)
- Another teacher will be added to grade 5
- 5 units we currently have at grade 4 will remain.
- K- 1-2 –will stay at 18 students
Meeting was adjourned at 6:20 PM with a motion made by Marisol Gonzalez and Michelle Midgett seconded the motion.
**Next meeting is May 2, 2016***
- (81.5 KBs)